You can amend your page web address to make them ‘search engine friendly’. It is recommended to use keywords that are important to your business.
Tip: Search Engines don’t like very long addresses – try to keep your permalink down to 3-4 keywords.
- Open the page you want to amend the permalink.
- As you see in the image below we are amending the permalink for our page called America.
You can find the Permalink: area just below the page title – and the yellow highlight indicates the area that you can edit. Click on Edit button to the right.
- In the next image below you can see that we have amended the permalink to best holiday in america.
tip: don’t worry about the spaces, WordPress will place hyphens in between automatically.
- When you have finished editing the permalink, click on OK button.
- To save your changes click on Update button.