1. Sign in to Search Console with your Google account.
If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to create one.
2. Once you sign in, click on add a site.
3. Verify that you’re the owner of the site by doing one of the following:
- the easiest way to do this is to click to download the file that Google supplies you, and you can then email this to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can upload this to your website for you.
There will likely not be any data ready for you to look at right after you verify your site, so check back after a few days. If you’re having trouble, read this Site verification Help Center article for more detailed instructions.
Submit your sitemap
Once you have added a site/property, click on the Sitemaps link (also available in the left hand menu)
Click the Add / Test Sitemap button
Add the url to your sitemap by adding sitemap.xml
You will then have a link to refresh the page, and your sitemap has been submitted successfully.
Request Google to re-crawl your site
1. From the Search Console menu, select Fetch As Google (under the Crawl section in the menu).
2. Your domain will be displayed as below, then click on the red Fetch button.
3. Continue this for each page you wish to index by adding the URL/slug in the field and clicking Fetch.
4. The paths to your pages will appear below, and next to each path select the Submit To Index button.
5. Your web pages have now been submitted to Google, however this may take some time for them to complete this.