Pingdom provides a page load speed test. Follow the instructions below to use Pingdom:
- Access the web address http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
- Enter your web address and click Test Now button.
- Test results will be displayed. If your initial results are alarming (ie. your website load speed is 50%+ slower than other sites) it may be that your website cache has just been cleared. However, from it’s initial test Pindom will have generated caching for the page address you have chosen so running the test again will provide you a post cache test speed.
Example results screen below (pre cache)
- Scroll to the top of the screen and again click the Test Now button.
Example results screen below (post cache)
- As you can see from our example above a considerable difference in load speed can be expected pre and post cache.