For those wanting to use the Google Maps plugin, it is now required by Google that you set up and API Key.
- From your website dashboard menu select Maps.
- You will be directed to a page that will show any existing maps that have been set up, and you should see a message as per the screenshot above.
- You will see that there are links to ‘View the instruction video’ or ‘Read the documentation’.
- Once you are ready, click the ‘Create an API key now’ link.
You will need to log in to your Gmail account for this.
If you do not have a Gmail account, then click the ‘Create account’ link as per below.
- Once you are signed in, click ‘Continue’ to create your API Key
- Once the page loads, you will need to create a browser API key.
– Name this anything you like
– Add your website domain in the following format, so that only your domain can use this key*.yourdomain.com/*
- Click the ‘Create’ button to proceed.
- After the page loads, your API key will be displayed as below.
- Copy your API key, and go back to the maps section in your website and paste this in as below.
- Paste your API key, and click ‘Save’.