The Events plugin will allow you to bring a level of automation to your local upcoming events. It is simple to set up and use.
First you will need to contact email@example.com for us to add the plugin to your website. Once the plugin is activated you will see the following menu items in your dashboard menu:
Add Events Page
Click on ‘Pages’ link in left panel.
Click ‘Add New’ link under Pages heading in left panel (see image).
Add new page screen will be displayed in edit mode.
Enter page menu title in the field at the top (you will see Enter title here, see image below).
Tip: Keep this as short as possible as there is limited space available.
[br][br]Click into the content area and enter your page heading plus any additional text and images you like.
To add the Events Plugin to this page you will need to paste the following Shortcode into the page content ->
At style formatting selector (see yellow box in image)
select Heading 2 for main headings (titles) and Heading 3 for sub headings (sub-titles). This will ensure consistency of text styling in your web pages.
Tip: If you cannot see the style formatting selector you will need to click the kitchen sink icon (see pink box in image below).
In the right hand panel under Page Type you can select the following:
Depending on your theme you can select Slideshow Header, Featured Image Header, or Short (No Header).
Here you can select to have a Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar, or No Sidebar.
In right hand panel will be the Page Attributes panel.
At field Parent select which page this new page should be attached to as a sub menu item, or select No Parent if you wish this page to be a Top Level Menu Item.
Under the Order field you can select the order that this page will appear in your menu, either as a Top Level or Sub menu item.
When you are finished editing the page click Publish button in right-hand panel to publish the page. Otherwise you can click Save Draft if you want to save but not publish the page. Your Draft pages will be available to edit next time by going to Pages -> Directory View.
- To add an event go to Events -> Add Event from your Dashboard menu and the Add New Event page will load.
- Add your desired Heading and Description for your event as shown below:
- Add the Start Date & Time, and the End date & Time for your new event.
- Add the Location for your new event.
- If you wish you can add an Organiser to your new event.
- You can also add the event Website and Cost if you wish.
- We would recommend to avoid the RSVP, Excerpt, Custom Fields, and Discussion options as these are advanced features that typically would not be needed.
- Now that you have finished adding the details of your event you will need to click the blue Publish button at the top right of the page.
Repeat steps above for each event. Your newly added events will now be displayed on your Events page automatically.